"Some people are better at seeing the future than others, like mentalist Sidney Friedman. ... We love Sidney!"
- Hoda Kotb, TODAY SHOW
- Carrie Seim, NEW YORK POST
"2013's Most Accurate Psychic"
- Tobias McGriff, SUPERNATURAL SCIENCE
radio show, Art Bell's Dark Matter Radio Network for their year-end evaluation
for full results
as of 12/11/16
For 20 years, year after year, one person keeps seeing what tomorrow brings, or, well at least 72% of it.
Considered by many as the most accurate prognosticator of our time, mentalist / futurist Sidney Friedman's goal is to present his prescient impressions for fun and intrigue, always with care when he foresees a serious warning, and above all, with honesty when he is wrong and with modesty when he is right.
Yes, at new year's time, psychics come out of the woodwork like gnats at a barn fire, but Sidney Friedman has the credibility of a documented track record of a 72% accuracy (some years as high as 77% and never lower than 62%) for 20 years stating predictions on shows like ABC-TV’s THE VIEW, NBC-TV’s TODAY SHOW, ABC-TV's 20/20, and numerous other local and national TV and radio shows plus publications like FORBES magazine and the NEW YORK POST.
This includes a 92% record of predicting OSCAR winners.
And since he began including economic foresights seven years ago, Friedman has been on-target predicting the exact trend of the stock market and unemployment figures in 6 of those 7 years.
Most extraordinary, in 2012, as published in a NEW YORK POST article, January 2nd, 2012, Friedman stated, "Snow was BIG news last year in New York City. This year it's water!!!" He also predicted, "Strangely, for a short time there is an UNOCCUPYING of Wall Street." As it turned out, both of these foretold the ravaging effects of one of the most unlikely weather incidents for that metropolis, HURRICANE SANDY, when in late October, Wall Street shut down, evacuations occurred, the markets closed, and water flooded much of the city, subways and islands.
And in 2015, Sidney continued his remarkable accuracy. See the results here:
FULL RESULTS for 2015:
FULL RESULTS for 2014:
FULL RESULTS for 2013:
results from years prior:
Here are just a few of Sidney's PREDICTION SUCCESSES over the years:
A 72% overall accuracy for 20 years of publicly-stated prognostications, including:
1) the earthquake on the east coast in 2011.
2) Obama winning the 2008 election, predicted pre-primaries, against all punditry at that time.
3) Obama winning the 2012 election, including that he'd carry two southern states, which he did with Virginia and Florida.
4) the landing point of Hurricane Floyd, predicted on CBS News.
5) Martha Stewart's legal troubles, predicted on ABC-TV'sTHE VIEW.
6) Martin Scorsese’s Oscar in 2007 after being denied year after year (and SidneySeer is nearly 100% for all his Oscar predictions through the years).
7) 2008's drop in oil prices.
8) the prediction on FOX-TV stating "the Mississippi River will significantly change course" which it did following Hurricane Katrina and the levees breaking.
9) the exact trend of the U.S. stock market in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
10) Steve Fossett's successful circumnavigation of the globe in a balloon.
11) Jennifer Aniston's engagement in 2012, predicted on FOX-TV.
12) the unemployment rate each year since 2009, with porediction success contrary to economist's and pundit's forecasts.
13) the rash of injuries in the NBA in 2012.
14) the tragic floods in New York City, as stated in the NEW YORK POST, resulting from Hurricane Sandy in 2012.
15) The massive meteor displays in the sky during Winter/Spring of 2013.
16) Kim and Kanye's engagement in 2013.
17) The exact trend of the DOW in every year but one, beginning in 2009.
18) In 2014, the Pope announcing his 2015 visit to the United States.
19) In 2014, Will and Kate announcing their 2nd pregnancy.
20) In 2014, the historic climate change agreement between the U.S. and China.
21) In 2015, the rise on sales of PRINTED books, contrary to trend of tablet use.
22) As a profound example, here are nine of his 2015 predictions stated on WGN-TV's morning news. Eight of them came to fruition: CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
The art of accurately sensing the future is rare and mystical. Is he truly psychic, highly intuitive, or what?
Ironically, Friedman says about his predictions and the art of predicting: "Most of the future is unpredictable. That is as it should be. In fact, no one knows PRECISELY what will be. If we know exactly what will happen, the present would not exist. Also, to a large extent, we make the future. But once in a while the curtain parts ever-so-slightly, revealing a glimpse of tomorrow's theater. We all get these hunches. Through a variety of techniques (explained in my book and seminar), I attempt to interpret what many of these impressions truly mean -- often successfully, sometimes not. Always though, my intention of releasing these foresights is for fun and curiosity."
Here are Friedman's
foresights for 2016:
as stated this year on various media
including Fox-TV's "Good Day Chicago,"
and WGN-TV's "WGN Morning News"
ARE IN GOLD & RED
TALLIED ON 12/31/16
27 out of 36 correct
1) My OSCAR track record over 15 years is 92%, and for a long time it was at 100%. So here’s another go at who will win the coveted gold statues in Hollywood. Mind you, I state these predictions in December, well-before the nominations are announced which makes this even more of an accomplishment if I get it right. And as always, I do it all without seeing the films. In this way, personal taste or aesthetic does not influence my choices. So here’s what I foresee -- TEN OSCAR PREDICTIONS: Brie Larson in "Room" wins for best actress. A HIT. I don’t even know who she is, but through all my tests her name tops the list most often. Leonardo DiCaprio for "The Revenant" wins for best actor, his first Oscar in his career. A HIT. "Spotlight" receives the best picture Oscar. A HIT. Ridley Scott wins best director for "The Martian." NOT A HIT. I got a hunch Mark Rylance wins best supporting actor for "Bridge of Spies." A HIT. (over the odds-on favorite Sylvestor Stalone) "Inside Out" wins best animated feature. A HIT. “The Revenant”wins for best cinematography. A HIT. "Amy" wins best documentary feature. A HIT. “Spotlight”wins the trophy for best original screenplay. A HIT. In total, 8 out of 9 correct.
2) Incredibly, AMAZON will surpass NETFLIX as the top dog of content service providers. WRONG
3) Virtual reality makes an explosion, figuratively and literally. Plus, we’ll begin to see stories of how businesses are using virtual reality in new inventive ways for employees and customers. TWO HITS. On May 12th, the headline appeared, "Explosion in Virtual Reality Stuns Tech Industry." http://www.morningticker.com/2016/05/explosion-in-virtual-reality-stuns-tech-industry/ ... And for the second part of the prediction numerous reports were made, including this one on October 24th with 20 innovative ways. CLICK HERE: http://www.inc.com/ryan-jenkins/20-innovative-ways-companies-are-using-virtual-reality.html
4) Airbnb andUber will go public. (Hmm, so take an Uber ride to where you're sleeping and you'll help both stock prices.) WRONG
5) Melissa Rivers gets engaged. (And 74 lawyers are required to write the prenup.) WRONG
6) No Schumer rumor. Either in late 2016 or early 2017, Amy Schumer announces she is engaged, for real. And it is to someone with a significant difference in age, providing even more wonderful material for her hilarious commentary. HALF A HIT. In early January, Amy Schumer stated, "I Got Engaged and Married and Had a Baby." Turns out it was one of her jokes, but it made headlines, and the headline is what I forsaw. CLICK HERE: http://www.etonline.com/news/179330_amy_schumer_jokes_about_new_boyfriend_i_got_engaged/
7) Donald Trump will be a guest shark on “Shark Tank.” (And the ratings will be "yuuuuuuuuge.") HALF A HIT. Donald Trump did not appear on SHARK TANK, but what I saw about the association of the two entities of Trump and SHARK TANK did occur in that a major news story occurred when in October shark Barbara Corcoran revealed Trump's inappropriateness with her during their real estate dealings. CLICK HERE: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/shark-tank-donald-trump/
8) New evidence surfaces regarding Marilyn Monroe’sdeath, giving credence to the speculation it was a murder. WRONG
9) Although the TONIGHT SHOW starring Jimmy Fallon continues to win the lion’s share of late night audience, Conan O’Brien surprisingly makes a significant surge in viewership. A HOhttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fast-radio-bursts-scientists-hear-huge-mysterious-signal-from-deep-in-space-a6909211.html A HIT. Conan'satings ticked up in several of the ratings periods.
10) An unusual bird species, not known to the region, is witnessed in Chicago. A HIT.
On December 8th, it was reported 30,000 sandhill cranes were spotted over Chicago. CLICK HERE: https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161208/lincoln-park/sandhill-cranes-chicago
11) A major and meaningful artifact dating back to biblical times is discovered in Israel. A HIT. It was reported on November 23rd, a 4000-year-old "thinker" sculpture was unearthed in Israel. CLICK HERE: http://www.livescience.com/56986-ancient-thinker-sculpture-uncovered-in-israel.html
12) Dogs become prognosticators of disease. Sounds absurd, but canines are already known to detect early stages of cancer; and this year it will be found that they can sense other maladies, even before symptoms occur. A HIT. Two articles of note appeared this year. The first is about a study at the University of California San Diego: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/10/161003150111.htm And the second is more on this amazing ability of canines: http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/6-medical-conditions-that-dogs-can-sniff
13) An intriguing, unexplainable sound is heard from outer space. A HIT. In February, NASA declassified an occurence from the 1960's and released recordings of "strange sounds heard by the astronauts of Apollo 10. CLICK HERE: http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/21/world/far-side-moon-music/
14) A dazzling flash is seen in the skies over North America. A HIT. On November 23rd, it was reported a massive fireball was seen in the skies over Florida. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-24/fireball-lights-up-florida-sky/8053924
15) The Super Bowl (oops, the “Big Game”) has a bizarre glitch at halftime or during the second half of the game. HALF A HIT. CBS-TV's live stream of the game had glitches including a total stall for several minutes. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/02/07/cbs-super-bowl-streaming-experiences-glitches/79982358/
16) Regarding the economy, following the crash of 2008, the TODAY SHOW asked me to give my economic outlook for 2009 and beyond, the first time I ever made predictions about this topic. I was spot-on for 2009; and with only minor exceptions I have been on target each year since. For 2016, here’s what I foresee. Eight economic prognostications: Oil prices will rise about $7 to $13 a barrel. A HIT. Currently at $51 a barrel from $44 at the beginning of the year. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) figures rise slightly. A HIT. The unemployment rate in the USA continues to drop, and may actually dip below 5%. A HIT. A speculation tax bill is seriously considered in Congress. A HIT though not passed. Minor inflation is seen in many sectors of the economy. A HIT. http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/ Greece’s economy surprisingly begins to see some noticeable improvement. WRONG. A natural disaster affects economies around the globe. And regarding the US stock market, among minor fluctuations, it sees slight gains for the first half of the year; but in a period from mid-year to early fall, expect a drastic shift. A HIT. Slight gains in early part of year, then drastic drops in Fall followed by drastic rise in November. Be forewarned. But as always, remember, it is not a stock market but a market of stocks. If you invest, adhere to THREE things: Do your own careful research, combine it with your own intuition, and seek professional guidance by a certified financial adviser.
17) Regarding the Presidential election, everyone is quite wound up in their emotions on this, so I hesitate even going there. But hey, here we go. Back in 2000, I predicted one state would be decided by fewer than 100 votes. I was ridiculed, but in the end I was right. 12 months prior to the election of 2008, with Hillary Clinton in the lead and heavily favored, I predicted Barack Obama would become our next President. The naysayers said it couldn’t happen, but I was correct. Over the years, I’ve accurately predicted Republicans and Democrats, so to be absolutely clear, I attempt to keep my own preferences (and non-preferences) completely out of the intuitive equation. My prediction here is based solely on what I foresee, and not on what I prefer or don't prefer. So here’s my prognostication. What I am about to say probably makes no sense at this moment in time with once again Hillary Clinton even more solidly favored with even higher poll numbers than in 2008, surprisingly Bernie Sanders will win both the New Hampshire primary and the Iowa caucus, but then Hillary Clinton will win South Carolina, and Alabama, plus possibly Nevada; and then it will be a neck and neck horse race through the primary season, unlike any other in recent memory. On the Republican side, a top candidate drops out for health reasons, and there will also be two major campaign shift/jolts/realignments which occur in late winter and in spring. In the end, the Republican nominee will NOT be Donald Trump, even though he currently has a huge lead in the polls. And in the general election, even though pundits are currently saying either Clinton or Sanders will soundly defeat the Republican nominee, the general election will be a tight race with the Democrat narrowly winning. Republicans though keep control of the House and Senate. The Senate will end up 51 (R) to 49 (D). A HIT regarding Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton. WRONG re a Republican dropping out for health reasons, though Democrat Hillary Clinton had to take significant time off for health reasons. WRONG regarding Donald Trump and the Republican nomination. A HIT regarding the exceptionally tight race for the Presidential election. HALF A HIT re the outcome, as the Democrat's candidate won the popular vote by over 2.5 million votes, but the Republican won the election via the Electoral College as of 12/11/16. A HIT re the outcome of the Senate and House.
18) Finally, each year, for over 18 years I’ve predicted the Chicago CUBS will make it to the World Series. Of course, each year I’m more wrong than rain at the beach. So this year, I’m predicting the CUBS won’t make it to the World Series. In this way, maybe they will. I’m willing to try anything here to assure the outcome we CUBS fans deeply desire. YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUBBIES !!!! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!
+ In 2016, Donald Trump will have one more bad hair day than usual. It's a leap year.
+ One person will be found who actually approves of Congress. This hasn’t happened in over a decade.
+ For two to three seconds, TMZ will have no opinions about celebrities.(Shocking, truly shocking.)
ADDITIONAL OSCAR PREDICTIONS
(added February 26, 2016 - two days prior to the OSCAR telecast)
I left out best supporting actress back in December, so I'm adding it here and stating it today on ABC-TV's "Windy City Live." Alicia Vikander wins the gold trophy for best supporting actress. Also I'm predicting some of the topics of Chris Rock's opening monologue. Rock will do a comedic list of ways to create a more diverse array of nominees. He will address the pay inequality between actresses and their male counterparts. He will touch on Sean Penn's meeting with drug lord El Chapo. Jennifer Lawrence and Paul Giamatti will also be mentioned.
"The future ain't what it used to be."
- Yogi Berra
"Always in motion is the future."
"I don't worry about the future. It comes soon enough."
- Albert Einstein
"See the future as a present.
Understand but leave the past.
You will have the gift of prescience
when today seems unsurpassed."
- Sidney Friedman