"Some people are better at seeing the future than others, like mentalist Sidney Friedman. ... We love Sidney!"
- Hoda Kotb, TODAY SHOW
- Carrie Seim, NEW YORK POST
"2013's Most Accurate Psychic"
- Tobias McGriff, SUPERNATURAL SCIENCE
radio show, Art Bell's Dark Matter Radio Network for their year-end evaluation
scroll down for results
Year after year, one person keeps seeing what tomorrow brings, or, well at least 72% of it.
Considered by many as the most accurate prognosticator of our time, mentalist / futurist Sidney Friedman's goal is to present his prescient impressions for fun and intrigue, always with care when he foresees a serious warning, and above all, with honesty when he is wrong and with modesty when he is right.
The art of accurately sensing the future is rare and mystical. Is he truly psychic, highly intuitive, or what?
Ironically, Friedman says about his predictions and the art of predicting: "Most of the future is unpredictable. That is as it should be. In fact, no one knows PRECISELY what will be. If we know exactly what will happen, the present would not exist. Also, to a large extent, we make the future. But once in a while the curtain parts ever-so-slightly, revealing a glimpse of tomorrow's theater. We all get these hunches. Through a variety of techniques (explained in my book and seminar), I attempt to interpret what many of these impressions truly mean -- often successfully, sometimes not. Always though, my intention of releasing these foresights is for fun and curiosity."
Here are Friedman's
foresights for 2015:
RESULTS ARE IN RED
as stated this year on various media
including WGN RADIO Chicago, Fox-TV's "Good Day Chicago,"
the NEW YORK POST (on Decembner 27th),
WCIU-TV's "You & Me," and WGN-TV's "WGN Morning News"
RESULTS IN RED
Not including the annual jocular CUBS prediction, final tally has 25.5 of 34 total predictions came to fruition for a 75% accuracy.
1) THE ECONOMY: Back in December of 2008, just after the crash, I made several bold but eventually accurate predictions about the economy. One of them was that the timetable would be 7 to 8 years for the economy to recover where a range of factors showed strength. Bingo! It may seem obvious in retrospect, but at the time, no one else gave it an accurate timetable. And I have since accurately predicted the trend of the DOW in all but one of the years, plus accurately predicted the unemployment rate for each of the subsequent years. For this year, the U.S. economy will have a temporary downturn/slowdown in early Spring, and among some roller-coaster-ing, it climbs through the end of the year, and by Fall generally will be booming in many sectors. The unemployment rate drops even more, to around 5.1%, and we'll begin to see a noticeable rise in wages and salaries. The Dow Jones will finish 750 points or more higher than where it began, in spite of two noticeable drops during the year. Interest rates will go up just a little, an eighth of a point here and a quarter point there. Commodities will continue to take a hit, but will rise in the second half of the year. But,the year to watch is 2016, where a shake and crash of several markets occurs preceded by a surge of inflation. Always though, before making investments, consult an investment professional and/or use your own knowledge and intuition combined. 5 OF 6 CORRECT. A HIT ON OVERALL ECONOMY, A HIT on the UNEMPLOYMENT RATE, A HIT ON COMMODITIES, MOSTLY A HIT ON RISE IN WAGES (even Walmart raised its minimum wage), A HIT ON INTEREST RATES. WRONG ON DOW, as it finished slightly lower than where it began the year.
2) ACADEMY AWARDS: At this year's OSCARS, among significant competition, I predict Julianne Moore will win Best Actress for a movie called "Still Alive." A HIT. And for Best Supporting Actress, though the competition will be fierce with Emma Stone, Jessica Chastain and Laura Dern all potential winners, I see Patricia Arquette winning for "Boyhood" (with an outside chance of Meryl Streep for "Into The Woods"). A HIT. "The LEGO Movie" wins for Best Animated Feature among major contenders "Big Hero 6" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2." Wrong. Of note, I have not seen any of the movies, nor do I ever watch them until manymonths after the OSCAR broadcast. We may also see “Selma” take the Best Picture award.
3) Though a Polar Vortex was the news of last year, in 2015 I see a Molar Vortex.A story related to teeth will be in the news this year, potentially in the New York City area. Plus, I see a Solar Vortex (so to speak) this coming summer for Chicago and states east of here, with a near-record or record spell of heat. A HIT. Among other tooth stories, New York University anthropologist makes discovery regarding ancient molar: http://tinyurl.com/pw6toy4
4) A lot of speculation surrounds the marriage of Jay-Z and Beyonce. Contrary to some rumors, the first couple of hip-hop will groove to the same beat and stay together in 2015, and in fact, they will announce a 2nd child, via either pregnancy or adoption. A HIT. They definitely stayed together. And numerous reports in July and August of a 2nd child on the way.
5) Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth will be the “hot-not” Hollywood couple of 2015 with a revelation they are “friends with benefits.” A HIT. Not totally revealed but little by little the revelations keep coming, even with Lawrence "confessing" more in interviews on 12/22, per PEOPLE magazine and others.
6) Taylor Swift will eat at Shake Shack in NYC but still won’t gain a pound. A HIT. As reported in VOGUE on 2/13, she and Lorde went to Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.
7) Big clunky-looking “bucket” handbags with chain straps will be the “in” thing for women and for pickpockets. A HIT.
8) The fez returns. A HIT. See this report on hat trends for 2015: http://tinyurl.com/hvkjgge
9) By mid-year, the troubled Amanda Bynes will be back on the straight and narrow with her head and life back to some semblance of normalcy, plus a new movie role will come her way. A HIT re mental health. As reported in PEOPLE on 12/17, on 12/1, and on 10/12. ... But no movie as yet.
10) An incident with a rock will affect George and Amal Clooney. Wrong. Hmm, unless a "rock" solid marriage, or a marriage on the "rocks" would count. Ha. But no incident with a rock has been reported.
11) Infrastructure breakdowns will be a predicament in several cities this year, with a significant infrastructure circumstance in part of New York City affecting the city economically. A HIT. As reported on 12/21 in the WALL STREET JOURNAL with hackers infiltrating New York Dam highlighting vulnerabilities.
12) An island disappears. HALF A HIT. As reported, South Pacific nation island of Kiribati is vanishing but not gone.
13) A bird species thought extinct, reappears. A HIT. AS reported on 3/5 by NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC re a bird in Myanmar: http://tinyurl.com/ko6txsb
14) A hipster trips on his own beard. HA.
15) A tree grows in Brooklyn, … and in Queens. Something related to trees in the boroughs of New York makes news. A HIT. A "grinch" stole Christmas trees in Brooklyn: http://tinyurl.com/zlodgub
16) Time stops. A scientific discovery is made regarding time and light. A HIT. NASA may have accidentally discoverd faster-than-light travel: http://tinyurl.com/ofudlmh
17) A dog breaks a world record. A HIT. As reported 9/9, a dog caught the most balls with his paws, a GUINESS world record.
18) Tango surges in popularity. A slight rise, but NOT a hit.
19) Books, yes, printed books, show a surprising increase in sales. A HIT against all logic with tablets trending. As reported in the New York Times and elsewhere, including here: http://tinyurl.com/pt2orah
20) A seiche of some magnitude occurs in one of the great lakes during the summer or early fall, most likely Lake Michigan. A HIT. Occurred in Lake Erie. Very rare. http://tinyurl.com/gmfktq5
21) We'll feel the earth move under our feet. Back in 2011, I predicted a tremor on the east coast which came to fruition with a 5.8 quake. Well, déjà vu, and a “trifecta.” With hopes this isn’t serious or destructive, another east coast tremor occurs this year in 2015, plus a significant southern California quake, as well as a rumbling in the midwest. MOSTLY A HIT. 2 OUT OF 3. ... Rare 3.0 earhtquake on 9/26 in New York. In the Midwest, a near 4.0 quake shook Michigan as reproted on 5/2, and on 8/22 a 4.4 quake struck Oklahoma of all places. Although quake activity is nearly always present in southern California, nothing "significant" occurred this year, although the Chilean 8.3 quake on 9/16 caused tsunami advisories for the California coast.
22) Last year I predicted a “shock wave,” figuratively, for Russia which unfortunately for its people occurred with their currency crises and the recent fall of the Ruble. For that part of the world in the coming year, I sense and fear Ukraineexperiences a severe economic collapse. Unfortunately, A HIT, as reported on CNN: http://tinyurl.com/hn4x75d
23) In the amazingly good news department, a breakthrough is announced in the cure for Parkinson’s disease. Additionally, a discovery is announced in the cure for Alzheimer’s disease. TWO HITS. http://tinyurl.com/hynsqbr and http://tinyurl.com/zduypwe Also, http://tinyurl.com/pktxt9e
24) I foresee, or actually “fore-smell,” something about an odor at city hall in either Los Angeles, New York or Chicago. Yes, you can insert a joke here about odors and politics, but for real, something to do with a foul smell at one of these city halls is a story in 2015. Wrong.
25) And, I predict it every year, so why not this year too? The CHICAGO CUBS will make it to the World Series for the first time in over a century. I also predict I’ll be wrong. So I'll keep predicting this until it happens.
Book Sidney Friedman!!